Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Clip Night: "Well, Did You Evah?"

Dexter: Liz, you're in love with Connor aren't you?
Liz Imbrie: People ask the darnedest questions.
Dexter: Why don't you marry him?
Liz: I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that.
Dexter: I said why don't you marry him?
Liz: He's still got a lot to learn. I don't want to get in his way for a while.
Dexter: Supposing some other girl comes along in the meantime.
Liz: I guess I'd just scratch her eyes out. Unless that is she was marrying someone else the next day.
Dexter: You're quite a girl Liz.
Liz: I don't know. I take nice pictures though.

Wednesday nights are one of my more busy nights, as I have to turn in "discussion questions" online that prove I did the reading. Which means I hafta go over the reading that I did indeed do and make sense of it. Was the Vietnam War a civil war according to the book we're reading? Well, according to the book we're reading. . . uh. . . lemme spend an hour checking.

Anyway, point was. . . something good. Point was I'm going to be trying not to slack off on posting and make sure I offer something that pops more often than not, so Clip night means that I'm so busy I'm trying to distract myself from the task at hand (discussion question and, oh yeah, paper due tomorrow. Have you started, B? Uh. . . well. . .) (I was gonna call it Youtube Night, but they ain't sponsoring me.)

This is a clip from High Society, a musical remake of The Philadelphia Story (which I have yet to see), and one of my favorite songs in general. Sinatra and Crosby doing Cole Porter's "Well, Did You Evah?" which Debbie Harry and Iggy Pop would go on to cover. Now, I might just be saying this because I am staunchly on the side of TEAM BING, but I think Frank suffers when put up against him vocally, in ease, sound, and carriage. The point though, is apart from that; keep an ear out for the banter and wit, and an eye out for the acting. Enjoy! (Celeste Holm, heads above Grace Kelly, and Frank also do a great number, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?")



You can also grab the mp3 from Any Major Dude With Half a Heart.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks