Monday, April 23, 2007

Teeny Boppers Bad, Vandals Good

K guyssss. I've never attended Warped Tour mostly cos lately at least the bands all have had names like "I Scare Pretty Girls & Aminals Yes I Do" or "Kill Pretty Ugly Die Die La La" or something. You know.

And I mean, also, the kids who go to these things. Go here to see them. I dare you. Witness one amazing comment on the message board:
can't fckin' wait to be there with the krew.......we're gonna get DRUNK!!!! any babes that want too are welcome join us.............
Listen, myspace-teeny-bopper. Stop with the multiple periods, spell out "fucking," and stop pretending to be awesome. You're like twelve. You're mom's gonna drop you off at the show.

See? Why would you want to go to this? (besides the opportunity to accidently-oops-kinda hurt one o' them teeny-boppers. I think I have unchanneled aggression. Frankly, I blame the patriarchal society I live in.)

Hold on-
Alesana, All Time Low, The Almost, Amber Pacific, Anberlin, As Cities Burn, The Automatic Automatic, Bad Religion, Bayside, Big D and the Kids Table Bleed The Dream, Bless the Fall, Boys Like Girls, The Briggs, Buck-O-Nine, Chiodos, Circa Survive, Coheed and Cambria, Cute is What We Aim For, Desperation Squad, The Dear and Departed, Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Escape the Fate, Evaline, The Fabulous Rudies, Funeral For A Friend, Gallows, Haste the Day, Human Abstract, I am Ghost, Killswitch Engage, K-OS, The Matches, Meg and Dia, My American Heart, New Found Glory, New Years Day, Nothington, Paramore, Pennywise, Pepper, Pistolita, Play Radio Play, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Revolution Mother, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Set Your Goals, Spill Canvas, Street Drum Corps, Throwdown, Tiger Army, The Unseen, The Used, The Vandals, The Vincent Black Shadow, Yellowcard
Are The Vandals worth teeny-boppers in Vans with bad dye jobs and bandannas around their wrist who think they're "drunk"? Hmmmm.

Not sure yet if I'll be in LA though, so looking into that. . . Regardless, rest of line-up is ho-hum-ew. Pennywise wouldn't be bad, but haven't listened to them in years. . . My friend knows one of the people in the Matches, but I'm not a huge fan. . . Apparently the Briefs were on the line-up, but no longer. I haven't heard of most of these bands. Not too bummed about that. . . but we'll see.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I'm totally gonna go and have like three warm overpriced weak beers. I'll be sooooo fckin wasted, it'll be sooo kewl! I'll be fighting off da chicks with a pole! Then at the end I can throw up over myself and mom can pick me up in her SUV....!..!.!.!.!

Sorry, was channeling my inner idiot. Thank God I was never like that when I was younger.

I'm quite guilty on "accidentally" hurting youngsters at gigs at times. My motto is that if you don't know how to behave, it isn't my fault if your face gets in the way of my elbows.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks