Saturday, April 21, 2007

Play Ball Yo



So after super icky winter weather for what felt like forever (for someone from LA, but probably for anyone, too) it finally cleared up yesterday so all the boys and girls could "celebrate" that daft 4/20 thing- I'm sorry, I don't like the smell and instead of feeling a wonderful settling bliss and giggling a lot, I get paranoid or fall asleep and sometimes get apocalyptic, but that's only when it's all going down in the subway which is a naturally apocalyptic place. Yeah, I'm lame. But not as lame as the bitch who won't stop laughing at everything you say. . . which is the problem when you get drunk people and high people at one party and the drunk people won't stop talking to the high people and the high people just giggle at everything. You're like, Ok, I'm a wee bit inebriated but I'm pretty sure I'm not saying anything funny. . .

All the campus groups decided to hold their bbqs on Friday, too, musta known the weather was gonna clear. We stood in line for 45 minutes, and by the time we made it to the food-- all out of hamburgers. Funny thing, and apologies to vegetarians but I love meat and grilled things, but the campus vegetarian group had set up a little table right at the front of the the line for burgers and hot dogs. They all looked bored and wear doing reading, I don't think anybody who had bothered to stand in line and make it up that far was gonna listen to them by that point.

So now that it isn't freezing, I gotta get my ass to a baseball game. I've been to 1 Mets game and 1 Yankees game out here, got to see the Mets play the Dodgers in the fall with like the entire nation of Taiwan, who had turned up to cheer the Dodgers' Taiwanese pitcher. We won :) Uh, my class got free tickets to a Mets game on Sunday but I'm gonna be inside writing a paper on graves and Islam, hagiography and presidents in Dos Passos, or something about philosophy, which is a problem, cos my notes are a mess.

Anyway, here's an appropriately themed mp3 because it's about baseball. I'm not a Red Sox fan, I was raised to root for the Dodgers and the Angels. But the song does speak to the general excitement of fans and the atmosphere, and I'm pretty sure there are lifelong Red Sox haters who can't say no to these boys singing it. Enjoy :)


Also, check out Bleedin' Out's baseball post.

1 comment:

Jim said...

"You're like, Ok, I'm a wee bit inebriated but I'm pretty sure I'm not saying anything funny."

You mean everything I say isn't funny? God damn it, another illusion shattered :(

Oh, don't feel bad, I just fall sleep too. I'll stick with my beer thanks.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks