Friday, April 06, 2007

Shitty Friday Vid Mix

I'm pretty sure we all have these Fridays where at work you're like AAAARRGGHH and your personal life is like BLAAAAH (ok, not that bad) and you yell at your mother when she calls to find out when you're picking her up from the airport &c &c. Cos I just had one, then wisely ended it by seeing the hardcore downer The Wind that Shakes the Barley.


Online Videos by Veoh.com

The worst part about listening to Smiths songs is if you start thinking "oh my god. . . I understand what he's saying!" which is really the last thing you ever ever want to think. In terms of the video, I don't know what's worse, Morrissey's hilariously bizarre dancing or the hilariously bovine-y comments ("Wow I like this video because the show Charmed put this song as there theme song and I really like the show Charmed!!!!!!") posted with the video.


Online Videos by Veoh.com

This music video is cute, but as with other Patrick Wolf videos, you get the feeling he threw a "No, I'm a boy genius! Give me creative control" tantrum which resulted in an artsy-fartsy, contrived strain somewhere along the way. This time, it's Patrick's slithery dancing that seems a little too obvious, but for the most part, it's a good-nature, adorable video with dancing commenfolk and cheerful colors. Yay happy.


Online Videos by Veoh.com

Rancid will pretty much never fail you, though in this video the oddly placed random dancing Photoshop'd chicks are fairly unnecessary. I always figured "Fall Back Down" was written after the Tim-Brody thing, but the video has a positive vibe that is more celebratory rather than being restricted to reassuring.


Social D + Johnny Cash = 42, & Fuck KROQ live shows

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks