Friday, February 29, 2008

Discrimination Never Dies

So it seems that I, as usual, jumped the gun by setting Gender Discrimination Week in February. Little did I know that it is in fact March that is Women's History Month and February that is Black History Month. But as I had a lot of fun and the posts proved to be popular, I thought I'd set aside Fridays during the wonderful month of March as Gender Discrimination Fridays. So stay tuned for that coming next week! (As today is still February cos of that leap year thing.)

Mmm-mm spam, yum yum yum. Speaking of vintage ads (utterly amazing collection here, I've spent hours browsing this archive), this is a lie. A lie I say. I had a Lucky a few weeks ago because Thing 1 went out for a smoke and I didn't want to be stuck in the bar alone watching Sharks Eat Seals, a Discover Channel special graphically spelling out things I already know, so I headed out and, being not in my right mind/"because it was cold", accepted a Lucky, which as we all know are unfiltered. I don't smoke and I haven't had a Lucky since last St Patrick's Day. I hafta disagree with Mr Marshall that "Luckies are always gentle on my throat." Sure, at the time it was fine. But the next morning. . . At least, I think that's why I woke up with my throat feeling like crap. I might have actually been sick, now that I think about it: it lasted half the week and that's never happened before and it was pretty cold that night and everyone else on campus including the guy next door is coming down with something. Wow. Life is so confusing.

I should add, though, that if Gary Cooper in a captain's hat is selling 'em to me. . . I'm so there.

p.s. For the kids who are thinking, good god, B, vintage ads, really? That's the best you can do cos that is like so predictable, I'd first like to say a) I'm way into vintage ads, just love 'em, and b) Yeah, you actually are missing out on something, cos this is what I had up in version 1. Happy weekend & Play nice!

1 comment:

C said...

I LOVE HERBERT MARSHALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks