Sunday, December 09, 2007

Bing 'n' Bowie

I'm surprised that it's taken me this long to bring Mr Bing Crosby (oh my I love Bing Crosby and this is my authority speaking: one of the greatest vocalists ever. And this is Artie Shaw: "The thing you have to understand about Bing Crosby is that he was the first hip white person born in the United States.") into the Christmas postings.

This is a classic odd couple scenario, with an adorably awkward set-up, some great self-aware cracks, and Bing's typical end comment ("Pretty thing, ininit?"). I only discovered it a few years ago so it's now my traditional Youtube search come December-- others out there will remember it coming out. Fans of each singer seem to like it and fans of both get way excited, so here it is, kick back and enjoy :)



Aaand, to ruin the mood but mostly fyi, the LATimes has a great rundown of the Facts Behind the CIA Tape Inquiry, so if you're interested but have like me just started to follow the events, it's a great place to start.

1 comment:

mel said...

Bing 'n' Bowie's patter is priceless...

I haven't let you ruin my mood yet - I'll check the CIA bit later.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks