Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bing Crosby: Christmas Classics

The Latest Victims of the sayNA Santa hat treatment. [pic source]

Urgh. Ok, one of those days. Fell asleep at 11 last night and woke up at 3 really confused, so I was supposed to get up at 6 to start work, but I slept til 9. . . so I had a big write up planned up for this album and now I'm seeing it not coalesce at all. The same could be said for the portfolio pieces I'm trying to put together and my command of the English language. So here's the rundown.

1. Bing Crosby: best male vocalist in all of History. (Yeahh, don't argue. I'll fightcha. I know kung-fu.)
2. Bing Crobsy singing Christmas songs? He even makes Frosty the Snowman sound good. And I really don't like that song. So yeah, when it's called Christmas Classics, they really are.
"I used to tell (Sinatra) over and over," said Tommy Dorsey, "there's only one singer you ought to listen to and his name is Crosby. All that matters to him is the words, and that's the only thing that ought to for you too."
But don't take my and Tommy's word for it! Here's Christmas Classics with Bing Crosby. (Sorry, no Louis, I'll get some of his stuff up later. I liked the picture.) This is the olddd 10-track one that I have been listening since I was young-er.
p.s. What do you pretty holiday people think of using Sharebee? I like the idea of having an option, especially with the recently crazy inflated in-between download wait-times. Do people have trouble with it or does it usually work?

4 comments:

The Green Radio Network said...

I personally like Sharebee a lot. Never had a problem. I like your blog a bunch too... nice job.

A

Anonymous said...

You won't get any argument from ME about Bing, he set the standard for jazz vocalists . . . Tom Waits looks at Christmas in the same way he looks at most everything - "from the end of an emotional cul-de-sac" All of his stuff is great, but the work he did in the mid-seventies was incredible and Blue Valentine may well be his best of all (here's a live set from '75 just to get you through finals - www.mediafire.com/?bxxiz1swcub) . . . thanks for the Christmas music linkage - there's some great shares on the web this year . . . your dad is right - John = good, Yoko = bad

mel said...

You have my thumbs up for Bing, too.

Regarding sharebee, it doesn't work for me in Windows Explorer - only in Firefox - but that's no hardship.

b said...

Thank you so much, guys, for the feedback about the file uploading. Like I said, I think I'll use sharebee and then list the links separately. Hopefully that'll work for everyone!

Mel, Ken: What can I say? Bing! <3

And Andy, thanks for taking the time to leave such kind words-- hopefully we'll see you around :)


-b

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks