Friday, August 31, 2007

Question: Reality Show Guilty Pleasures?

I am/was typing up the next music post (it's coming!), and I mentioned ANTM, and while I'm waiting for the files to load, I thought I'd expand on that guilty pleasure. I've been toying with the idea of making a weekly reader question just for fun (and to increase reader presence on the site), so here's at least a test run.

I fly JetBlue as I am part of the program and get miles and all that jazz plus you get a television, and I know I've mentioned before that if there is an America's Next Top Model marathon on VH1 while I'm flying I will probably watch all of it. Not on purpose.

So here's the part where I admit my reality show guilty pleasures. They aren't very unique or esoteric, but I do love them so. America's Next Top Model and Celebrity Fit Club (especially 5). If they're on, I'll watch 'em. (It's hard to follow the seasons during the school year- no tv.) I can't really defend ANTM, but Celebrity Fit Club I support because it's message is one of a balanced life style (eating, exercising, moderation) rather than the Biggest Loser-type (which I've never seen) that has their contestants in the sauna for two days before weight in. I read an article in which one participant explained that he gained 30 pounds back after he started drinking water again. Not very healthy.

So: What reality shows are you secretly, or not-so-secretly, watching?

ps- The Serenity Collector's Edition is absolutely gorgeous and I heartily recommend getting it if you're a fan of the film/series.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks