Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summertime with Ella Fitzgerald

It's August. We've had a mild summer, but last week, bam!- the heat hit and hasn't let up. It's now too hot to drive with the windows down. So here's some cool music for those hot days. Not perfect for driving, but great for sitting there with your iced tea/boba nai-cha/Lollicup thing/beer/whatever while you yell at your dog or in the evening while you're watering the lawn.

Ella Fitzgerald, who received thirteen Grammy Awards during her career, boasts one of the greatest voices ever, and her playful delivery, purity, and flexibility ensure that she'll remain the queen.

"Man, woman or child, Ella is the greatest of them all."

Here's the album Summertime- including the seductive title track, "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea", "Something's Gotta Give," and "Miss Otis Regrets."
Enjoy, and stay cool!

[picture source]

1 comment:

Jim said...

What can I say, I'm a sweet guy, always happy to dish out beatings on those who have wronged my friends :D

Oh, I watched the Princess Bride again the other night and now I'm finally finally reading the book. It's highly amusing, although sometimes I think I'm enjoying Goldman's weird little interuptions more than the rest of the novel at times. Must write off for that reunion scene.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks