Friday, February 05, 2010

my name is b and i don't like hardcore.

We had our place sprayed for bedbugs (that we don't have this time) yesterday so everything is in bags. . . debating whether to take shit out or not, since roomie claims they will come back in 2 weeks and do it again (I hope not.)

So that means my HD is somewhere in the plastic-wrapped bookshelves (that was fun) that are making this place look like the set of the shoot out Children of Men-- I would take a picture but the camera is somewhere behind the plastic, too.

So Youtubing stuff to listen to as I get all our clothes out of their bags-- they had to go through the dryer. I have already unsuccessfully tried to get myself to like hardcore. It won't work, I think. Couldn't go in the apartment all day yesterday and so was drinking at the bar while waiting to go to work with (in proximity, listening to) a guy from Agnostic Front, which inspired this effort. I dunno. I can't do it. "Anthem" is about as far as I'll get.

Clicked on a live Rancid vid-- Lars gives an incomprehensible motivating speech to kick it off that makes me feel better for not liking hardcore- got bored of watching Tim not play his instrument & went over to the album cut-- saw this comment "Rancid is duh best punk band 4ucking ever!!!!! Punkrock ftw!!!! XD" What does "4ucking" mean? Is it "fucking"? Is it a clever portmanteau: "for fucking"-- like they are the best bad for-fucking-ever? Does this kid feel bad about using the f-word on the internet? Am I just too old?

9 comments:

Northern Jon said...

oh, Final You Tube link blocked in Japan...


I always think of Hardcore as punk, but faster. The stuff that sounds like metal, is just metal, right?

I hate Agnostic Front.

b said...

hahaha-- it was "parents just don't understand". . .

ugh yeah hardcore for me is too metal-- like thrashy. . . ? like madball. . . ? i guess? i dunno. all i know is it's too soupy & messy & noisy for me. i like melodies and anthems.

Northern Jon said...

I don't know, I consider Dead Kennedy's hardcore...

Negative Approach, Minor Threat, the first Suicidal tendencies album?

I hate all that Mad Ball shit. Too macho.

Joe Queer said it best "Fuck all them bands on the warp tour, I got into punk because I hated them jocks"

That's an indirect quote, by the way.

b said...

haha, love indirect quotes.

yeah, actually, no problem with-- in fact, i like-- DK & Minor Threat etc. . . maybe i mean thrash punk (is that a thing?) or maybe hardcore has come to mean thrash? like agnostic front, madball, bloodclot, even sick of it all, blah blah blha-- NYHC stuff-- which is funny because it seems like being a skinhead in ny has nothing to do with all that oi! stuff. . . just being FREAKIN scary and listening to stuff that is pretty much jock-y, as you mentioned, metal. . . i hate all these labels, they make me confused.

i just felt bad cos we were talking to that guy and i was thinking, yeah. . . agnostic front. . . i don't like that kind of stuff. . .

b said...

actually, that oi! stuff is all about being scary and macho, too, but the music is more. . . sing-a-long-able.

Northern Jon said...

Yeah. I know what you mean. Fuck em all, Buzzcocks or nothing.


I like Oi, but if I shave my head I look like a Maryland Cookie.

Anyway, I tell my Skinhead pals that Oi is just punk with shit lyrics. It really winds them up.

b said...

haha, and boy is it fun to wind those kids up.

are maryland cookies chocolate chip cookies?

gosh i hope i don't look like one of those-- i have the back of head poorly trimmed and waiting for someone to even it out for me, and i think i just look like a dyke. which as a girl, no matter how open minded i am, i never want to actually look like :]

Jim said...

I dunno B, the mental image of you looking all dyky is pretty funny to me :D

b said...

haha, well i got it trimmed up & evened out a little, but it still is sticking up at the top-- but i'm not cutting it any shorter cos it's fucking cold here.

so dyke it is. i give up. i'm gonna go put on a large boxy t-shirt with cats on it, jeans, and go teach a gym class.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks