Tuesday, February 28, 2006

one of the best albums like ever


What's up Los Angeles?

These immortal words start off Rage Against the Machine's Live at the Grand, an outstanding live album that you can't help but play really loud not so much as to piss your suitemates off but to pretend You. Are. Really. There. (Though I heard about some 2x4 enhanced moshing at one of those. . . ) Zack, Tom, Tim, and Brad take us through a charged, riduculously good performace, and the recording quality is excellent (unlike -sorry, Flogging Molly- Behind the Green Door, for example).

Live at the Grand marks the end of Rage; Zack went off for his solo career and to be spotted at a Knicks game, and the rest of the boys joined up with Soundgarden's Chris to form Audioslave.

I have unfortunately not seen the DVD, though a friend recommended it to me on several occasions, citing Zack's passionate performance as amazing. So if anyone has comments on the DVD, speak up, because as much as I want to see it, it doesn't look like it will be happening soon. I can tell from listening that Zack gets a great response from the audience; I can feel his charisma from my fucking stereo, and he lets the audience sing to him, then joins. What a nice young man.

I strongly encourage you to buy this album. It's easy to listen to over and over and over and over again without tiring, unless it be from singing along and jumping up and down and trying to pretend to be Zack or Tom. I know you do that in your car, but think about it, is air guitaring on the 2 really a good idea? (So don't buy it if you think you'll become the terror of the LA Fwy system.)


password:
www.ratm.k6.com.br
Part I & Part II

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always appreciated. :)

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks