Friday, January 16, 2009

Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)

Hey everyone, I hope you guys are having a great, fun, and safe start to the new year- almost back up on a regular schedule. I'm back in NYC (it's cold) (and the internet is working ! for now) and will be starting the semester soon, so I will have settled back in and broke out the old external HD and more regular posting will resume. As noted before, things are a little rough in the world of posting mp3 files, so the amount of actual albums posted will still be kept to a minimum, but stick around for more single tracks and links to vids.

I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed the Bing Crosby post, and I realized that, in spite of my deep deep love for Der Bingle, I haven't posted many of his non-Christmas albums. This is a crying shame, so I hope to post a Crosby album/collection of tracks real soon.

But for something a little different, here's Kingston-born Dawn Penn doing the now oft-sampled "You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)." I'm pretty sure this is the 1994 version (the song debuted in 1967.) Dawn Penn's vocals are hauntingly refined over a great beat, along with some brass interludes- perfect rocksteady fun for you kids. If you enjoyed dancing to the Sister Nancy track I posted awhile back, you'll have a great time with this one. Check it out!

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks