Sunday, July 20, 2008

Things I Like This Summer #1

So since I've realized I've been a very very poor and lazy blog-sitter (SORRY!!!), I've decided that it would be a good idea for me to actually do an occasional post....

So... Things I Like This Summer:


#1. "Divorce Me C.O.D." by Merle Travis. here



I just really like it. On some compilation I have, mysteriously and vaguely called "Capitol Classics 1940's" with a bunch of other country/western, folky, cowboy swing type songs.

I've been pretty much only listening to that comp, Gene Autry, and the Riders in the Sky recently, so...... And watching a ton of John Ford. Been looking for some Sons of the Pioneers, hopefully with Ken Curtis doing lead vocals, but haven't been able to determine what would be a good buy, so haven't yet (Any suggestions?).... And listening to this lecture series on Rome and the Barbarians. Perhaps more on that later, as another thing I like this summer.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks