Thursday, March 15, 2007

Buckaroo Banzai, end credits walking theme

I'm sitting here being a great big dork and trying to decide whether to watch this 80s gem or this piece of cinema genius (no sarcasm there). So, figure I'll post the theme song to the latter. I actually just returned from FLA this morning (lovely lovely and warm and pulled pork and home cooking and dq and now it's raining here in NYC), then tried to get some reading done for class (yes, this thing is a laugh a minute) and fell asleep so now my brain is totally fried and I'm like a zombie, so it's a bunch of links to stuff about the film, sorry, no review other than it's one of my favorite films and I tell people it's about a rocket scientist brain surgeon rock star and aliens. Unfortunately, I don't have the rest of the soundtrack.


End Credits on Youtube; Wes Anderson has said that his film
The Life Aquatic was inspired at some parts by BB, and end sequence of his film is an homage to BB's end credits.

Buy the film, buy the novelization (surprisingly good, reads more like the movie was based on the book)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amused that you're so taken with BB. I worked on the movie, oh so many years ago & yes, even then, all of us thought it was pretty kooky.

Laugh while you can monkey boy!

SheenV said...

I *love* that movie!! If I could only talk with anonymous...

Rjcc said...

Is there any way this could be re-upped?

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks