Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Snow Patrol & then the Raconteurs

Haven't had much free time. . . so more traffic directing posts. . . This time I direct you to some new Snow Patrol. It's been popping up all over the place (like daisies!). Here's a megaupload offering. Enjoy :) I think of Snow Patrol as pretty girly music. I don't know if that's true. . . We listened to one of their songs in my Music Humanities class. Then went straight to Hildegard and Leoninus and Palestrina. Maybe I'll post those.

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open @ Music Bar

& & &
And then there is this. . . thinking of getting tickets, if I can. Not sure though. Would be nice, and Irving Plaza is a nice venue. The crowd when I went (saw two awful starting bands and then a subdued OKGo) wasn't too fun. I'm not sitting on my computer tomorrow waiting for tickets or anything though. So just a heads up to those of in NYC you who want to catch these boys.

Raconteurs Ready to Confront the Hype
Much-anticipated JACK WHITE side project the RACONTEURS will play their first U.S. gig at New York's Irving Plaza on April 7th. Tickets for the gig go on sale through Ticketmaster this Thursday. This is only the second U.S. date announced thus far -- they're also playing Chicago's Lollapalooza on August 4th. Their debut, Broken Boy Soldiers, surfaces May 16th, with the single "Steady, As She Goes," hitting stores May 9th.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks