Thursday, March 09, 2006

Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.



Last night I got to see the Last Crusade on the big screen (I haven't seen any of the Indy movies in the theater), had a lot of fun. The Ziegfeld theater at 54th between 6th and 7th Avenue was showing the trilogy this past week; the run ended today. I had wanted to catch all three but thanks to my fantastically frustrating class schedule, I only got to see Last Crusade and Raiders.

Though I almost didn't make it to Raiders. I got back today from a discussion section, turned on the computer, saw that my 6pm discussion section was cancelled. This was at 4:45pm. At the same moment, I decided I was going to catch the 5pm (the last) Raiders showing no matter what. Got on the 1, arrived at Columbus Circle at 5:05pm-ish and ran down to 54th and 6/7th Avenue. Sprinted, which is hard in Converse (no support). Got in just as Indy yells, "There's a snake in the plane!"

Who doesn't want to be Indiana Jones when he/she grows up? :)


Last Crusade sound clips:
"What's this one. . ."

"Who's gonna save you?"
"They come in through the door"
more. . .

Ever wonder. . .
James Bond vesus Indiana Jones

PS - the Ziegfeld is showing Singin in the Rain next, an outstanding and amazing film. If anyone has a link to the soundtrack and is willing to share, I'd be very happy. I also highly recommend catching a show at the Ziegfeld. It's huge, shows are running at $7.50 right now, and it's always fun to see older movies on the big screen.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks