Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hank Williams



You're about to read something sad- this is the only Hank I've got on my computer, so donations will be enthusiastically and gratefully greeted :)

Here are nine outstanding tracks from the man himself. Fantastic songs, wonderful if brief collection, this is one of the first albums I remember hearing. . . I think. . .

The Hits - Vol 1

1. Hey, Good Lookin'
2. Jambalaya (On the Bayou)
3. Move It on Over
4. Long Gone Lonesome Blues
5. Settin' the Woods on Fire
6. Honky Tonk Blues
7. Why Don't You Love Me (Like You Used to Do)?
8. I Saw the Light
9. Lovesick Blues


Buy it (used for 2$).

Many thanks for C for sending this too me.

For those it applies to, have a fantastic holiday. I'm off to Texas for bbq.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is the 1st album I ever remember hearing, along with the best of Stan freberg, if that counts... and allan sherman and spike jones. gee, we got alotta comedy...

Anonymous said...

so why aren't we funnier?

Jim said...

If it makes you less sad, I've just increased the number of hank albums on my computer to one :P

I do have some Hank Jr. though. Did have some Hank III too, but it was rubbish.

Jim said...

Posted some Hank Jr, just for you :)

b said...

Jim rocks :)

Hmm- I remember Hank coming before Stan and Allan, and Allan coming before Spike and Stan, and Spike coming before Stan. . . Not sure. . .


re 8:42 am: hahahhaaa. that was funny in itself.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks