Tuesday, January 31, 2006

a Mirrormask & some Breakfast on Pluto

Looks like Gaiman & McKean & the Jim Henson people's Mirrormask will be released on February 14, 2006. I saw this movie in theaters and - though I am a Gaiman fan - wasn't sure what to expect, but came out quite satisfied. The look of the movie is gorgeous and magical, and while the story faltered a a bit at some points, the overall film is enjoyable and a very pleasant watch.
  • DVD Features:
    • Day 16: A Time-Lapse Video of One Day On-Set
    • Neil Talks: A Conversation with Neil Gaiman
    • ComicCon 2003: A Q&A session
    • Behind The Scenes with Dave McKean
    • Flight of the Monkeybirds Featurette
    • Off-Set, Making-of Featurette



I still can't find information on the Breakfast on Pluto DVD, which I am very much looking forward to purchasing, so I'll keep you kids updated on that if I ever find out. I can't get over that movie. BoP was absolutely charming and magical, with brilliant performances by Mr Murphy and Mr Neeson, and while it didn't hold entirely well in the reviews (but didn't do bad either), I give it an A+ or two thumbs up or whatever. It was one of my favorite of the year and possibly of like ever, and the book, while somewhat confusing (to me) is a great read; Patrick McCabe, who wrote Mondo Desperado, (also a great read, a interrelated short story collection which I think of as like Joyce's The Dubliners, but more interesting and bizzare and funny) is a master at voices, characters, and insanity. Anyway, here's a Cillian Murphy livejounal icon page.

No comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks