Sunday, February 18, 2007

Forrest Gump

I just bought the DVD from Target last weekend and have been watching it in bits & pieces, maybe I'll have time tonight to finish it. . . being reminded of how much I love this film; last time I saw it was in 10th grade in my "World History" class. We also watched The Ring-- the perks of a public education. I'm actually now working on a paper and eating all the yogurt clusters from my life vanilla yogurt crunch. The paper is about Pan's Labyrinth (grab the ost from Gimmie Back My Head) and Joseph Campbell's monomyth-- the perks of taking a bullshit class at the bullshit women's college across the street.

Anyway, I think my favorites are "For What It's Worth" and "California Dreamin" and "Sweet Home Alabama." And that Willie Nelson. Plus it's nice to finally see who sings all those songs the oldies stations are playing ha ha. . .


(megaupload because it is big. if it becomes a problem let me know and i'll split the file and stick it up on rapidshare)


Tracklist & purchase.
Forrest Gump on rottentomatoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

joseph campbell is/was such a cute little old guy!

b said...

was

he didn't strike me as little. good storyteller though.

Anonymous said...

he is this little (mebbe not that little) old man in the bil moyers special on him that was taped at skywalker ranch that we watched in bp's class.
really adorable.

b said...

no we watched that too when the prof got stuck in new jersey after that snow storm. he is totally not little.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks