Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Janie Jones from Pete and Carl

-who got back together for the time it takes to record Janie Jones. Grab it from the Rock Snob, here.

From strummerville.com-
Janie Jones Single to Raise Strummerville Funds
05/09/2006
Pete Doherty and Carl Barat are just a few of the artists currently working on a cover of the Clash's "Janie Jones" for release later this year. More details will be forthcoming about other artists who are also participating in this project which is intended to raise funds for our charity.



I don't know if I like it-- it lacks energy? It's like. . . let's make a tribute. . . to the, uh, Clash. . . we love them. . . so much. . . Sorry, I'm just sick of Pete Doherty/his antics, so now it's rubbing off on everything he does music-wise, which isn't fair. That's a cute picture though :) I'm excited to see who the other artists are.

7 comments:

Jim said...

I detest Pete Doherty.

The list of artists involved that I found is:
Babyshambles
Carl Barat
The Rakes
Mystery Jets
The Holloways
We Are Scientists
The Paddingtons
Larrikin Love
Cazals
The Noisettes
Good Books
Lady Fuzz
The Kooks
Jack Penate
Laura Marling
The Maccabees
Lisa Moorish
Light Speed Champ (Test Icicles)
Jamie T
Jeremy Warmsley
Statik
Guillemots

Can't say I'm eagerly awaiting it.

Anonymous said...

kinda a random group for a clash tribute thing....

b said...

SUPER random :(

Anonymous said...

No more so than the bunch who appeared on the Clash tribute album, BURNING LONDON...only there will you find Cracker's countrified "White Riot," or the Ice Cube/Mack 10 rampage through "Should I Stay Or Should I Go"...and I haven't even gotten to No Doubt's "Hateful," or Third Eye Blind's "Train In Vain." Though I do admit feeling partial to the Indigo Girls' version of "Clampdown."

b said...

these things make me go "wtf dude?"-- but it's a vision, and i'm sure some people will enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Great News carl barat and Pete Doherty great! :)

The rest are all shyte.

Anonymous said...

pete is an absolute god, and carl is his jesus! 'what became of the likely lads?' They are back with a vengence my friends. 'If you lost your faith in love and music.' you shouldn't have because the likely lads are back!

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks