Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A few things

(the short version: 1-thank yous. 2-les nouvelles choses at bring me the heads. 3-strummer is god. 4-me and my excuses. 5-the music.)

1. Again, thanks for the comments everyone!

2. Mr. Bring Me the Heads is back from the dead with a fantastic post, so hop on over there for some nouvelle Nouvelle Vague (get it ha ha. omf). Haven't listened to it yet, but looks good, as you'd expect considering the last release.
Bring Me The Heads: Nouvelle Vague - Bande A Part
3. OK Strummer fans- if you haven't already, go get the 101'ers Elgin Avenue Breakdown Revisted. Go go go!

4. There will be a lull in posts for a bit- I finished my finals, finished all that fun shit, and now I get to. . . move out. The fuckers here kick us out the day after finals. So things are being unplugged, the external HD is disconnected, and so on. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to equally distribute weight between my two College Boxes (if you're in school right now you may be using these guys too. . . i hope it works out.) I had this great idea that this week would be really sunny and I could go to Central Park or something but oh no. Either way, I'm going to go check out Montgomery Clift's house over on the East Side (no, I'm not in the habit of going to celebrity houses. I'm from LA. But it's like going to see the Joe Strummer mural downtown. Right? ps- If you come to New York, definitely check it out). And then I'm going to the Met to see Johnny Rottens' ugly sweater. . . and that Egyptian temple they've got. Last time I got yelled at for touching it.



5. So here to keep you occupied is Adam and the Ants. I had heard Deutscher Girls on a compilation, and was very impressed. Enjoy it- I've been listening to it while packing. I'm trying to figure out how to describe it to someone who hasn't heard much of them. It's like Marc Bolan, the Buzzcocks, and Louis XIV got in a horrendous car crash in the 80s with like, an ice cream truck while on acid or at least sugar. Not that that says much- anyway, very fun-pop-bouncy-cocky stuff. The weakest track is the last, but it's hardly metionable- it's a solid, consistently exciting selection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course you got yelled at for touching the eqyptian temple at the Met! It's ancient. It's precious beyond words. It may be stone, but the dirt, oils, acids, and simple friction of touching damages it over time. You don't get to go stroke the sculptures, either. Think beyond your own little world and impluses. Grow up.

Anonymous said...

^ WTF?

ha people are weird.

[pardon me while I have a stange interlude]

thank you!

Anonymous said...

Very few other blogs have had as consistent a run of great posts as yours over the past few weeks. Every offering has been spot on. Good luck with your move...I hope it doesn't take you out of the game for too long. Thanks!!

Jim said...

Random comments:
How dare you touch the temple!
Adam and The Ants relu, shame Adam spoiled it by having a duff solo career then going crazy mental.
I can't get the image of Homer knocking over the Orb of Isis in The Simpsons out of my head now.
Good luck with the move.
I wasn't quite dead, but thatnks for the link anyway, I should pay you to be my advertising person :)

grace p said...

mayday! you've been lost in the storm bridget! where are your postings?

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks