Tuesday, August 04, 2009

See me in a 'alter back. See me give you heart attack.

But enough bitching about songs I feel bad about liking/can't decide if I like it. The weather is finally clearing up (for now), and it's time for some good summer music. And here's a surprise-- it's a little reggae for you (because it's hot in Jamaica, I just checked the weather), "Uptown Top Ranking," a song I had criminally forgotten about til last week and is now being played every hour. Althea & Donna are the youngest artists in Britain to top the charts when in 1978 they reached number one in the UK. As with such tracks as "Return of Django" and Link Wray's "Rumble" it's absolutely impossible to not, as they say, groove along to the track.


1 comment:

Northern Jon said...

The album is great.

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks